Store below 30°C
M-BION 100mg Injection belongs to a group of medicines called corticosteroids. It is used to treat a variety of diseases and conditions such as severe allergic reactions, allergic conditions, cancer, and skin and eye disorders. It is used for the treatment of conditions that need a quick response.
M-BION 100mg Injection is administered by a healthcare professional. It is usually given to patients who are not able to take the tablet form of the medicine. Taking the medicine can make it harder for your body to fight off infections. Tell your doctor if you have any signs of infection such as a fever or sore throat. Also before taking this medicine, you should let your doctor know all the other medicines you are taking.
This medicine may cause few common side effects such as injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness). It may also cause mood changes in some people. If any of these side effects bother you or if you experienced any symptoms which you feel are due to the use of this medicine, let your doctor know. It is important for pregnant and breastfeeding mothers to ask the advice of their doctors before taking this medicine.
Uses of M-BION Injection
Description of Severe allergic reactions
Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction. It can begin very quickly, and symptoms can be life-threatening
Causes and Risk Factors of Severe allergic reaction
The most common causes are:
1. Certain foods (especially peanuts)
2. Certain medications
3. Stinging insects
4. Exposure to latex
5. Allergens such as pollens, dust particles and other specific reasons that may vary across individuals
Signs and Symptoms of Severe allergic reaction
Severe allergic reactions can affect the following organs:
1. Skin: itching, hives, redness, swelling
2. Nose: sneezing, stuffy nose, runny nose
3. Mouth: itching, swelling of the lips or tongue
4. Throat: itching, tightness, trouble swallowing, swelling of the back of the throat
5. Chest: shortness of breath, coughing, wheezing, chest pain or tightness
6. Heart: weak pulse, passing out, shock
7. Gastrointestinal tract: vomiting, diarrhea, cramps
8. Nervous system: dizziness or fainting
Treatment of Severe allergic reaction
1. It requires immediate medical treatment that includes a prompt injection of epinephrine.
2. The patient needs to be hospitalized for the proper treatment.
Prevention of Severe allergic reaction
1. Avoid triggers
2. Drink lots of fluids
3. Keep yourself away from dust
4. Keep epinephrine injectors in close reach for emergency situation
Description of Cancer
Cancer begins in your cells, which are the building blocks of your body. Normally, your body forms new cells as you need them, replacing old cells that die. Sometimes this process goes wrong. New cells grow even when you do not need them, and old cells do not die when they should. These extra cells can form a mass called a tumor. Tumors can be benign or malignant.
Cancer is not just one disease but many diseases. There are more than 100 different types of cancer. Most cancers are named for where they start.
For example, lung cancer starts in the lung, and breast cancer starts in the breast. The spread of cancer from one part of the body to another is called metastasis.
Symptoms and treatment depend on the cancer type and how advanced it is.
Most treatments may include:
2. Radiation and/or chemotherapy
3. Some may involve hormone therapy, immunotherapy or other types of biologic therapy, or stem cell transplantation
Description of Eye disorders
Some eye problems are minor and do not last long, but some can lead to a permanent loss of vision.
Common eye problems include:
1. Refractive errors
2. Cataracts -- clouded lenses
3. Optic nerve disorders, including glaucoma
4. Retinal disorders -- problems with the nerve layer at the back of the eye
5. Macular degeneration -- a disease that destroys sharp, central vision
6. Diabetic eye problems
7. Conjunctivitis -- an infection also known as pinkeye
Your best defense is to have regular checkups because eye diseases do not always have symptoms. Early detection and treatment could prevent vision loss.
Other symptoms that need quick attention are pain, double vision, fluid coming from the eye, and inflammation.
Benefits of M-BION Injection
In Severe allergic reactions
M-BION Sodium 100mg Injection is a corticosteroid. In addition to the many other benefits, it can be used in the treatment of severe allergic reactions. This medicine works by reducing the inflammation associated with allergies. It is a highly effective medicine. Take it in the exact dose and duration as prescribed by your doctor to get most benefit from it.
Side effects of M-BION Injection
Most side effects do not require any medical attention and disappear as your body adjusts to the medicine. Consult your doctor if they persist or if you’re worried about them
Common side effects of M-BION
- Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness)
- Mood changes
- Increased risk of infection
- Weight gain
How to use M-BION Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How M-BION Injection works
M-BION 100mg Injection is a steroid which works by blocking the production of certain chemical messengers in the body that cause inflammation (redness and swelling) and allergies.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
It is not known whether it is safe to consume alcohol with M-BION 100mg Injection. Please consult your doctor.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
M-BION 100mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy. Although there are limited studies in humans, animal studies have shown harmful effects on the developing baby. Your doctor will weigh the benefits and any potential risks before prescribing it to you. Please consult your doctor.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
M-BION 100mg Injection is safe to use during breastfeeding. Human studies suggest that the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in a significant amount and is not harmful to the baby.
M-BION 100mg Injection does not usually affect your ability to drive.
SAFE IF PRESCRIBED
M-BION 100mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of M-BION 100mg Injection is recommended.
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease.
CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR
There is limited information available on the use of M-BION 100mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
What if you forget to take M-BION Injection?
If you miss a dose of M-BION 100mg Injection, please consult your doctor